We are seeking a positive and professional Treasury Cash Analyst to join the Accounting team at the Pappas Restaurants Main Office in Northwest Houston. The Treasury Cash Analyst is a part of a critical process that includes cash management, daily cash deposits, collections, disbursements, and management of treasury systems and processes.
The primary job duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
• Manages daily Depository Cash and Bar Bank account activity and reconciliation of daily cash to facilitate weekly and month-end journal entries for assigned store locations utilizing Blackline, Great Plains and other related spreadsheets.
• Provides reconciliation variances from general ledger accounts including cash over/short, depository cash and bar bank for unusual items and balances.
• Reviews and researches with Treasury Manager variances that require further analysis.
• Assists Treasury team with day-to day operations by evaluating daily cash position including downloading daily bank reports, maintaining cash projection spreadsheet for review, handling banking tasks for Positive Pay and ACH maintenance and exceptions as assigned for the banking accounts.
• Monitors store locations’ emails and communicates daily with store personnel.
• Assists store locations with cash needs, issues and emergency banks including submitting bank replacements for locations assigned.
• Manages communication with armored car companies and banking team to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Maintains regular communication within the Accounting Department. Provides assistance to accounts payable regarding cash receipts and ACH payments.
• Assists with duties assigned for the annual year-end external audit.
• Cultivates and maintains positive working relationships with internal departments including Accounting, Operations, and Loss Prevention to analyze and work proactively to resolve any issues in a timely manner.
• Maintains and expands professional and technical knowledge.
• Assists Treasury Manager with identifying and implementing processes to improve Treasury function and reporting.
Listed below are the minimum qualifications required to successfully perform this role. These qualifications are necessary for someone to be considered for this position.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or technical field preferred
• Minimum 2 years work experience in Treasury Department and/ or Accounting Department
• Minimum 2 year of experience with reconciliations preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software and ERP systems
• High integrity, ethics, and work standard
• Detail oriented, strong organizational and time management skills
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance completing any forms or to participate in the application process.
Pappas Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.