We are seeking a positive and professional Recruiting Specialist to join the Human Resources team at the Pappas Restaurants Main Office in Northwest Houston. The Recruiting Specialist is primarily responsible for performing all aspects of recruitment and staffing for our restaurants and service team. This position is responsible for monitoring and streamlining the recruiting process. The Recruiting Specialist will handle full life cycle recruitment and source candidates using sourcing strategies including Indeed, LinkedIn, and other job boards. This position will assist in the preparing distributing, collecting, and analyzing employee surveys.
• Partners with leadership on staffing needs and helps to develop a recruiting strategy. Keeps in consistent communication to follow up on weekly progress.
• Updates job ads and submit to ad agencies for placement on various job boards as well as applicable colleges/trade schools.
• Tracks recruiting spend and submits weekly/biweekly invoices. Tracks time to fill and sourcing information.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
• Prepares and keeps an inventory of restaurant specific recruiting materials and partners with marketing to create companywide campaigns: Referral Program Materials, Staffing Flyers, Now Interviewing Banners, Yard Signs, etc.
• Evaluates efficiency/ROI of recruiting efforts. Researches and provide guidance on best practices to increase exposure.
• Subject matter expert for new restaurant openings. Prepares applicant flow information for new restaurant openings and provides insight on ads, overall applicant flow, recruiting/marketing needs.
• Develops working relationships with university, college, and community affair programs to aid in recruiting.
• Plans and implements recruiting related events.
• Acts as a company ambassador and participates in job fairs, recruiting sessions or classroom presentations.
• Communicate with GMs on employee survey schedule and process. Collects and completes data entry of employee survey responses.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Positive, friendly, and professional attitude
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• Minimum of 2 years of HR recruiting experience
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Has established excellent interviewing knowledge, skills, and ability
• Strong understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of interview techniques, applicant screening methods, job posting and social networking sites
• A high level of organization skills, can set priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
• Ability to travel to in state and out of state restaurants as needed
• Previous restaurant experience preferred, but not necessary.
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance completing any forms or to participate in the application process.
Pappas Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.