Luby’s Culinary Services, operated by Pappas Restaurants Inc., is in search of a Sous Chef that is committed to quality! The Sous Chef will collaborate with the Executive Chef to execute the culinary menu and vision for a specific Luby’s Culinary Services restaurant concept and coffee bar located in Dallas County Records Building.
The restaurant will operate Monday thru Friday with Breakfast and Lunch and will be closed weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Responsible for proper set up of stations
• Understands and follows lists, recipes, and schedule for food preparation
• Understands and practices safe food handling techniques including proper storage, heating temperatures, etc.
• Evaluates food quality to ensure taste and appearance meet standards
• Maintains the appearance of the work area throughout the shift by keeping the surrounding floor clean and grease free and keeping stations stocked and organized
• Performs post-shift cleanup, checkout, and any special cleanups assigned by the Executive Chef
• Ensure that all team members and systems function efficiently so that guests are satisfied.
• Collaborate closely with the Executive Chef to ensure the restaurant achieves it budgeted goals and team member morale is maintained.
Why choose us?
• Fantastic hours with weekends, evenings and holidays off
• Competitive Pay
• 401k with company match
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
• Paid Time Off/Vacation
• Positive and professional attitude
• Previous experience as a Sous Chef
• Up to date Food Safety Certifications as required by local, county or state laws
• Proven leadership in managing a kitchen and team members
• Experience training, developing and engaging team members
• Ability to maintain composure in high pressure situations and ability to motivate staff to do the same
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective and collaborative working relationships
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance completing any forms or to participate in the application process.
Pappas Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.