The Research and Development Chef is responsible for the food quality, execution, and presentation. In this role, they will work within a restaurant concept and alongside the restaurant management team to ensure that all team members and systems function efficiently so that guests are satisfied. The Research and Development Chef will work in partnership and communicate with the General Manager, the Concept Leader and the Research and Development Chefs.
• Oversee a high-volume scratch kitchen.
• Ensure that all team members and systems function efficiently so that guests are satisfied.
• Work closely with the General Manager to ensure the restaurant achieves its goals and team member morale is maintained.
• Work in partnership and communicate with the General Manager, the Research and Development Chefs and Concept Leader.
• Positive and professional attitude
• Live or be willing to relocate to the Birmingham area
• Culinary degree, bachelor’s degree, or commensurate experience
• Minimum of 10 years of kitchen management experience working in a scratch kitchen and high-volume environment
• Proficient and demonstrated culinary abilities
• Up to date Food Safety Certifications as required by local, county or state law
• Ability to speak and communicate in English (bi-lingual experience preferred)
• Experience training, developing and engaging team members
• Proven leadership in managing a kitchen and team members including experience in scheduling, setting budgets,
purchasing, inventory, costing, etc.
• Demonstrated the ability to successfully meet labor and budgetary goals
• Ability to maintain composure in high pressure situations and ability to motivate staff to do the same
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective and collaborative working relationships.
• Creative with experience working with multiple cuisines
• Experience creating menu items and partnering with chefs to redesign a menu
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance completing any forms or to participate in the application process.
Pappas Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.