We are seeking a positive and professional Systems Administrator to join the IT team at the Pappas Restaurants Main Office in Northwest Houston. The Systems Administrator provides planning, analysis, deployment, and technical support on a wide variety of software applications, hardware, peripherals, and networked services. This position is responsible for monitoring day-to-day operational systems (tape archival, data transfer, virus updates, etc.), tracking software licenses, installing operating system and application patches on desktops, creating and maintaining user account information for network services, preparing new computer hardware by installing and configuring all software, refurbishing computers and peripherals, obtaining warranty work for faulty equipment, as well as troubleshooting and resolving problems related to hardware and software systems.
• Provides planning, analysis, deployment, and technical support on a wide variety of software applications, hardware, peripherals, and networked services.
• Monitors day-to-day operational systems including tape archival, data transfer, and virus updates.
• Builds and configures new & refurbished desktop computers and peripherals, including operating system installation.
• Positive and professional attitude
• HS diploma or GED
• Possess strong analytical skills.
• Ability to multi-task with good organizational and project skills.
• Strong listener with the ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of Pappas restaurant procedures as it relates to point of sale, computer software and information systems a plus
• A+ and Microsoft certification is a plus
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance completing any forms or to participate in the application process.
Pappas Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.