We are seeking a positive and professional Cybersecurity Specialist to join the IT team at the Pappas Restaurants Main Office in Northwest Houston. The Cybersecurity Specialist will monitor, detect, respond to, and mitigate security threats utilizing industry standard tools & techniques. This role will also take part in cybersecurity audits and help in the review, modification, and implementation of cybersecurity policies and procedures.
• Security Analysis: Conducts regular vulnerability assessments, then report findings and recommend mitigation strategies.
• Security Solutions: Assists in the design and implementation of security solutions, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and anti-virus tools.
• Availability solutions: Assists with the implementation of the disaster recovery plan and systems continuity planning.
• Incident Response: Participates in security breach investigations and forensic analysis. Respond to and help mitigate security incidents.
• Security Policies & Protocols: Helps establish and enforce information security standards and procedures.
• Continuous Learning: Remains current on the latest security threats, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures.
• Collaboration: Works collaboratively with IT teams to ensure the security of all systems and applications.
• Documentation: Maintains documentation regarding configurations, operations, and job-related activities.
• Education & Training: Assists in educating staff in terms of security best practices and potential threats.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
• 5 – 7 years overall IT experience.
• 1-3 years cybersecurity experience (including internship, or previous experience in a cybersecurity role or SOC environment).
• Systems/Network administration experience.
• Relevant certifications such as CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, or similar introductory certifications.
• Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
• Fundamental understanding of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, OSI model) and basic security concepts (e.g., malware, intrusion detection, pen-testing).
• Strong understanding of operating systems command line and command line tools.
• Experience with common security tools (e.g., IDS/IPS, SIEM, firewalls).
• Basic understanding of cybersecurity principles, including encryption, authentication, MITRE attack structures and security protocols.
• Experience with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS).
• Experience with security frameworks and regulations (e.g., PCI-DSS, NIST, ISO 27001, etc.).
• Strong listener with the ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Must be able to work well under pressure with good organizational and project management skills
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of basic programming or scripting languages is preferred.
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance completing any forms or to participate in the application process.
Pappas Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.