Luby’s Culinary Services is seeking a Retail Director to join the team! The Retail Director is responsible for daily operations. In this role, maintain compliance and operational excellence in retail, production, and patient services.
Food Skills, Management, Safety and Quality
• Ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications. Ensure utilization of all company recipes and procedures 100% of the time.
• Oversees and is responsible for daily purchasing, maintenance of the food preparation system, order books, recipe books, inventory, and storerooms. Keeps records of preparation costs, inventory, etc. Ensures proper food handling, storage and safety procedures are followed.
• Effectively plans all aspects of food preparation including purchasing, receiving and storing of food items; effectively manages cooking and preparation time. Supervises the production of all special diets. Keeps waste to a minimum. Strives for and achieves consistency in food preparation.
• Time Management/Scheduling/Planning-Creates effective work plans and schedules to complete job responsibilities in a timely manner. Meets all established time frames for submitting paperwork.
• Completes all daily, weekly, or monthly reports on a timely basis meeting all deadlines.
• Follows all company initiatives set forth to maintain workplace safety standards, accurate employee record keeping, cash handling and auditing.
• Staffing and Retention – Promotes a positive work environment that promotes loyalty and respect, proactive in addressing and correcting behavior problems.
• Initiative/Drive for Results –is driven to improve performance in sales. Can motivate others to high performance.
• Focused on providing nutritional food and courteous service. Emphasizes guest/patient service as a part of the Luby’s culture and creates an environment where good customer service is expected and rewarded.
• Listens and responds to guests/patients’ needs and expectations. Effectively communicates Luby’s ability to meet the guests/patients’ special needs and requests; recognizes and greets guests/patients by name. Director guarantees guests/patients 100% satisfaction and replaces food, when necessary, with a positive attitude; solves guest/patient complaints at the Facility level with minimal guest/patient complaints to the main office.
• Focused on our Mission Statement “to providing a superior food service program focused on guest service, nutritional value and skilled management.” Supports all marketing and food promotions.
• Associate’s Degree or 3 years’ experience in Food Service Management in a Hospital or Hotel Setting
• Able to function well in a fast-paced environment, good multitasking abilities with attention to detail
• Proficient with computer operations, excellent financial, budgetary and accounting skills
• Experienced in client relationship management, able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Capable of prolonged standing and walking continuously, frequent stooping and bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Sufficient manual dexterity to operate equipment to operate equipment necessary to perform essential functions of the job
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance completing any forms or to participate in the application process.
This location is operated by Pappas Restaurants, Inc. a Licensee of Luby’s Inc., under the trade name Luby’s Culinary Services.
Pappas Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.