At Pappas Bros. Steakhouse, we put immeasurable care into everything we do to provide our Guests with a fine dining experience like no other. We invest in hiring and training an elite team, we use the classic dry-aging process and place special emphasis on using only the best ingredients as the secret to our success. We are proud of our team and the numerous accolades they have achieved including Food Network’s Top 5 Steaks in America, Wine Spectator’s Grand Award and Top 5 Restaurant Wine Lists, and more.
We are seeking a Sommelier / Wine Steward to join our award-winning wine program at Pappas Bros. Steakhouse. Our collection boasts 3,900 distinct wines, including selections from every fine wine producing region across the world, and we’re always expanding both the depth and breadth of our collection. The Wine Steward will maintain and develop new restaurant Guests using appropriate sales techniques, and have a professional, friendly and courteous demeanor to enhance the Guest’s dining experience. They will also maintain the wine cellar to defined expectations and be proficient in all areas of responsibility.
Why choose us?
• Competitive salary and annual performance review with opportunities for an increase
• Outstanding benefits including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401k, a monthly dining allowance to use at any Pappas location and more
• Advancement opportunities and a commitment to professional and personal development
• A structured, industry-leading training program
• Opportunities to network and give back to the community
• Previous wine-related job experience at an upscale restaurant or wine retail
• Level 2 certification through the CMS or Level 3 through the WSET preferred
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact email@example.com for assistance completing any forms or to participate in the application process.
Pappas Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.